With the release of the Open Beta of Verdun we have received great response from the community. There has been a lot of positive feedback and bug reports. We are now working as hard as possible to improve the game even more and a lot has happened lately! We have done many bugfixes, added standalone, forum and some content updates.
We now offer standalones for Beta testing. Windows, Mac and even Linux is supported. This should fix all the previous performance issues and it allows for better graphics than the webplayer. Try it out yourself!
We have launched the official Verdun forum. This is the place to discuss the game, see and discuss changelogs, report bugs, post feedback, join a clan or many more Verdun related stuff. We as developers are watching the forum closely and actively trying to join the discussions whenever we are not fixing bugs ;)!
Bugfixes and Updates:
We are very grateful for all your support in the Beta. We have received a lot of feedback and we are working on it to make the game better. A lot of bugs have been fixed and cool new features have been added to the Beta. Here is an overview of most changes of Verdun:
- Personal level in lobby now displayed correctly
- Problems with going fullscreen/windowed fixed
- squadlobby playercounter fixed
- Spies have been killed
- levels have been reset
- losing side unable to respawn has been fixed
- ingame join bug where players would join wrong
- Removed display of active abilities of player who left the game
- Fixed connection security error
- Fixed dodgy grenade physics
- Prepared game for stand-alone distribution
- Custom controls. you can now adjust your controls in the mainmenu and ingame (including joystick input)
- Added NCO "Active" Abilities. "Command" and "Mortar shot".
- Players can now join squad matches in progress (they join an existing squad in-game as a replacement)
- If after 3 minutes a squad match has not found proper opponents for 2v2, a game will commence 1v1.
- Tweaked the wöevre plains level
- Graphics options: postfx can now be toggled.
- Audio options: you can now mute the mainmenu music
- Invite: Browser players can now invite people