Version 1.11.0 is NOW available on iOS, Android and PC. Grab it here:
You’ll now find the planet has a host of different fruits and these are a little different from your normal items. Fruit is “instant” so if you pickup a fruit, it’s effects will be instant and not card-based. In most cases the fruit will increase your health with +1 or +3 (depending on the size of the fruit).. but every now and then, the fruit can be rotten.. and there is always one type that’s poison. So figure out which is poison, and avoid it as much as possible !
Another BIG change is the function of teleporters/safe-spots. I always found them a little underwhelming and function-less. SO let’s improve it. The “Retreat” card in battles is now replaced with a “Beam out” card, which will instantly bring you to the last safe-spot (and end the battle). This makes the teleporters suddenly more interesting, because you can now trigger them near the exit, or near a fruit-room, or at least in a safe spot somewhere in the level.
I decided it was time to spice up the variation a bit, so there are now alternate versions of graphics for each region, and the game will alternate between those for the various levels. It’s a tiny thing gameplay wise, but it does make the game feel fresh again!
While doing new graphics I also added a tiny amount of new level-layouts, so you might find yourself wandering in new areas now and then!
It was also about time to add some fresh meat to the game, so you’ll be able to encounter three new creatures, one of which is very fast: it can take 2 turns so might be harder to escape from!
Transporters now have gotten even more functionality, as mentioned last week, so now stepping onto a transportation spot pops-up a little choice. Either set it as a new safe-spot, use it to teleport to the last set safe-spot, or just ignore it (if you stepped on it by accident).
The last safe-spot teleport is also shown on the radar in Blue.. and I think it’s about time to add some sort of legend to the map-screen in an update soon!
Here's a full changes list since v1.8.0 :
- added: alternate graphics for every region (randomized for more variation)
- added: new level building blocks
- added: Fruit – instantly heals, but can be rotten (lowers HP) or poisonous (sickness)
- added: Fruit-room
- added: few new level building blocks
- added: seeding number to pause screen (for bug fixing)
- added: graphical destruction to walls near explosions
- added: increased enemy spawns in later levels
- added: replaced (fairly useless) “Retreat” card with “Beam out” card – taking you to last safe spot
- added: Trinket info now shown every game on first pickup
- added: visibility (field-of-view) now smaller when in darkness
- added: Card stats now show passive/buff card info (and correctly sorts them)
- added: teleporter spots near exits
- added: Transporters now give the option to use them (beam out) set as safe spot, or leave them
- added: latest transport spot is highlighted on the radar
- added: new creature: Nilo
- added: new creature: Brocko
- added: killed aliens will sometimes lave a smelly corpse attracting other creatures
- added: some creature can now have faster movement (2 tiles instead of 1)
- added: “speed” info to alien-codex
- fixed: tornado’s flinging you around the map will check wider surroundings
- fixed: multi-turn locks up player if alien dies with turns left
- fixed: tornado-fling will also show your surroundings (calculate FOV)
- fixed: minor background graphic improvements
- fixed: in-teleporting aliens should never be sleeping
- fixed: slight increase on alien attack-chance in later levels
- fixed: phantom red-keys (when alternate routes are available)
- fixed: level-generator bug in 4-direction rooms
- fixed: small bug in random drops (items, cards, fruit, etc)
- fixed: VERY rare bug where tornado could put you inside an unescapable small area
- fixed: “Exit” button on “game completed” screen not working (because of all buff cards unlocked)
- fixed: lowered “XP” steps required to unlock later XP levels
- fixed: power-shield card ended turn (for no apparent reason)
- fixed: monsters now more likely to avoid hazards when moving (like acid)
- fixed: using medikit at HP station – doesn’t cure sickness
- fixed: re-organized skills and buff card code handling for future updates
- fixed: split tornado-event and single-tornado dialog text
- fixed: healing (sickness) now only works when using a medi-kit or enhancer card
- fixed: player energy wasn’t correctly saved in saved-game