I'm writing this at 4 A.M., and have still yet to sleep. I've been working on Soul Saga since 11 A.M.! I got basically all of my goals done today, including adding the debuffs to skills, and I even implemented debuff consuming skills. The above picture was created by my friend, Konomi. She had a blast playing with the character customization system. She said that it was a great blend of simplicity and power. I hope others enjoy it just as much!
I plan to do some polishing in the character customization menu, implementing more particle effects, and checking around for other visual tweaks that I should be making before creating video for the Kickstarter.
Day 41 (2013/03/10 Su)
17 hrs. Today ( 389.25 Total)
- Fixed a bug where the shield’s regeneration continued beyond 100%.
- Fixed a bug where the shield would not break by being held too long.
- There is now a .2 second delay before a shield can be activated again after releasing it.
- Implemented Parry!
- A successful parry reduces damage by 100%.
- An actor parries when they have initiated the block within 0.1 seconds before taking damage.
- This concept essentially means that a character is immune during the first 0.1 seconds of activating their block.
- Fixed a bug where skill cooldown reduction, attack speed, and movement speed were not being reduced by the slow debuff.
- Cleaned up code in several places ( will this ever NOT make it into a daily diary?)
- Floating health bars no longer appear when hovering over the player’s character.
- When an actor blocks, their shield will display below them, similar to the floating health bar. The shield’s color is yellow.
- When the player hovers above their health or experience HUD, an informative tooltip pops up with exact values and an explanation on each.
- Added Debuff HUD elements above player’s health bar.
- Hovering over these will display an informative tooltip.
- The skill HUD now properly displays the largest of the 3 delays: remaining cooldown, silence, or stun.
- Skill tooltips are now able to construct a sentence pattern based on the debuffs the skill applies.
- Updated skill shot, target aoe, and blink skills with the new tooltips.
- When an actor’s shield breaks, there is now red text stating “BROKE!” and a sound effect.
- Damage dealt to the player’s character is now displayed as red text (was white).
- When an actor is healed, the amount healed is now displayed as green text.
- Project Management
- Contacted art studio (Robekka) regarding Kickstarter.
- Contacted a vendor on price estimates for models for the Kickstarter rewards.
- Public Relations
- Finished blog post Update 9 and posted it across the common social media sites.
- Skills now have varying chances to contain burn, weaken, slow, stun, or silence on hit applications.
- Balanced the skill shot in several ways, and added scaling to damage based on the types of debuffs and how many of each are applied.
- Burn now increases damage taken by 0.5% per stack ( previously 1%).
- Weak now decreases damage dealt by 0.5% per stack ( previously 1% ).
- Countless amounts of balancing tweaks related to Skill Random Generation by adding different rules for different skill types.
- An example is if the blink or target AoE skill has a stun or silence, it does not have a chance to also deal damage or place debuffs.
- Added an arcane particle effect version to the projectile skill.
- Added a debuff consuming option to skillshots.
- Two possibilities: stuns opponents at 20 stacks of certain debuff, or deals an extra 3% per amount of that debuff on the target. The stun consumes only the stacks required, and the damage increase consumes all stacks of the specified debuff.