Take a look at the video about graphic evolution.
All sprites in the game are 2D and hand-made.
We put our hearts in each pixel.
Also, check the latest devlog (07/03/2015 Checkpoint) to know all performed works during this week. Follow us to watch, how the game is evolving right before your eyes!
*each rock on screen is separated 2D hand-made sprite. Asteroid belt has 4 layers, which are moving with different speed, and 6-8 different types of rock for each layer.
* this is a rough version of resources for tiles of the asteroid. We'll polish them in near future.
*new asteroid belt.
*new sprites for personal weapons.
* there are 10 types of resources which the player can mine on asteroids. Each of them has 8 unique sprites.
Here is the list of all performed work during last week:
These bugs were fixed:
- With NPCs inside exoskeletons shifting into separated locations;
- With a few exoskeletons performing repairs on one technic;
- With coordinate displacement for textures being used by the GPU;
- With incorrect visualization for resources on asteroid tiles;
- With incorrect placement of coordinates for random events;
- With incorrect meteoroid drawings when they consist of a few tiles;
- With incorrect movement of asteroid belt layers on the star system map level;
- With error for asteroid’s tiles moving, when they contain resources, during connection with a location;
- With updating light sources during location separation;
- With extra checking for connections of way-sections during a new location’s creation;
- With game “freezing” while filling an asteroid’s tiles with resources;
- With incorrect type of task “tile’s pathability”, when an exoskeleton which stays on a tile becomes inactive due to damage;
- With it being impossible to destroy a torpedo with a thermal decoy;
- With the appearance of space moss on map tiles when they do not have initial animation frames;
- With settings for locations with low mass;
- Other bugs;
- Displacement was added for the local space map level during partial separation of the Sol-Ark;
- New random event “gamma burst” was added, which leads to a short circuit in power transmitters;
- New effect “lightning” was added, its algorithm for visualization and random striking was created;
- Visualization of the asteroid belt was modified on the star system map level, the drawing of its sprites now performed by the GPU;
- Work continues on visualization effects during ship movement in a warp-space and exiting from its travel;
- Game “timers” were added, their triggering leads to activation of a specific event;
- Optimization of loading processes was performed for game parameters and location template’s loading process;
- Types of resources, which appear on asteroid tiles, were added;
- Algorithm for filling an asteroid’s map with resources was created;
- Visualization for resources on asteroid tiles was added;
- Correction of AI logic has been implemented for NPC and space ships;
- Groups of timers and events were added for initiating the tutorial’s tasks;
- New commands for the dynamic menu were inputted for technic management;
- Meteoroids, which consist of a few tiles connected randomly with each other, were added;
- Connection system between an exoskeleton and a NPC, which is inside this exoskeleton, was modified;
- Optimization was performed for checking weapon shell’s collision on the local space map level;
- New sprites for personal weapons were drawn;
- New sprites and textures were drawn for stars and planets;
- New sprites were added for asteroid belts;
- New sprites were added for resources on asteroid tiles;
- Work continues on the demo’s storyline and tutorial; we are implementing dialogue schemes and events;