The version 0.0.9 build of Slay the Beast is now available for download. A lot has changed since the 0.0.6 build.
New Features and Fixes in this build:
- Fixed characters not flashing red on fatal blow
- Knight will now fall in different directions depending on direction of fatal blow
- Added blue glow at base of flame attacks
- Added particle effects to fireball and slash impacts
- Fixed race-condition crash going from menu to in-game
- Archdemon can now turn-around by pressing RB (Right Bumper) / P on Keyboard
- Fixed some garbage collection issues
- Added particle effects on Knight and Archdemon death
- Fixed Knight knockback logic to be framerate independent
- Fireballs that land outside arena no longer spawn flames inside the arena
- Added shadow under fireballs
- Added breakable candles that release power-ups that can be used by heroes
Slay the Beast is a versus fighting game where one player controls a huge boss-level monster. While the other player controls a puny (but respawning) hero.
This is an early PRE-ALPHA version of the game. This means that it is very far from feature complete. It is not representative of the final product. As development continues, this game will continue to be updated and have new features added regularly.
This version of Slay the Beast supports up to 4 players in a match between a heroic Knights and a powerful Archdemon.
See the README.txt for information on Controls, Controller Assignment, etc.