IIt's been a while since the last update, but no worries, we were far from being idle :)
Here's what we've done since April:
- developed our own rendering pipeline (we moved from forward renderring to deferred rendering),
- changed the method of lighting calculations,
- added further developments to the basic game mechanics and GUI,
- introduced first enemies, which required:
- implementing basic AI,
- implementing basic combat mechanics,
- implementing the characteristics of a character/mob,
- adding mobs' animation support,
- adding dying and lootdrop mechanics.
- implemented basic skills and abilities,
- introduced a weapon system,
- added attack mechanisms (melee, throwing, shooting).
The development process is going pretty smoothly, so expect more regular updates on our progress. Also, be sure to visit our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/SkullstoneGame) and follow us on Twitter (@SkullstoneGame) - we're going to post loads of new stuff there :)