Scrolls is the latest game from Mojang - creators of Minecraft. You use the power of creatures, spells, and ancient machines to gain the edge in battle, deploying your forces by using scrolls: some rare, some common, some brutal, some tactical. Over time you'll develop a unique army and the skills to manipulate it. Eventually, you'll face off against other players, proving your might on the battlefield.
It is officially releasing on Thursday December 11th, 2014 via Scrolls.com
- All users who've bought Scrolls once, or participated in Alpha or Beta testing will get access to the full game on all formats at no additional cost.
- The full version of Scrolls now costs $5.
- There's a free demo version of Scrolls available with some content restricted. A Mojang account is required to play it.
Cool things about Scrolls
- The best bits of card and board games, combined!
- You build up a library of units, spells, enchantments and structures, then face off against others on a hexagonal battlefield.
- You earn gold through playing all match types, completing over 50 Trials, and earning achievements.
- All Scrolls units are fully animated and nice to look at. We feature over 350 scrolls at present.
- All scrolls, apart from the four starter decks you earn through play, can be traded with other players for scrolls or gold.
- You can chat with other players, add them to your friends list, and challenge them to battles.
- You can buy scrolls at our in-game store for gold or for Shards - our real money currency - though we restrict how much you can spend to retain game balance.
- This sounds unlikely, but you really don't have to spend more than the cost of Scrolls ($4.99) to progress. All items are available for a reasonable amount of gold.
- We also feature a crafting system. You can craft three identical scrolls into a higher tier scroll. At tier 2, scrolls get a bit shinier and track stats. At tier 3 they get even shinier, and provide bonus gold when drawn. Note that upgraded scrolls don't provide an advantage in battle.