It took some heavy hammering but the save system is finally here! Since we got delayed a bit, we decided to make up to everyone with an extra dose of fixes and even a new feature to help new players get started with mutations!
Check out below for the full patch notes
Save System - We're finally ready to roll the first version of our save system, so hopefully you can now leave a server and return to your fully mutated Stalker and continue to wreak havoc! Since this is first version of the save system please take into account the following:
- Only your character is saved at the moment so if the server resets, campfires, cut trees and other items on the map will reset back to default and any item that was dropped on the floor will also be lost
- If you're the server, make sure you close the game correctly or it might not save. That means no ALT+F4, turning off your PC and things of the sorts. Unfortunately this also applies to power outages.
First time soups - When you login to a server for the first time, you now start with a RANDOM soup. When eaten, it will fully mutate your body into either the Berserker, Swimmer or Creeper set. We're working on an in-game tutorial for new players, but for now we hope this can help everyone that is having an hard time understanding mutations!
Craftable Soups - In addition to starting with a free soup, you can also craft them if you manage to get all the materials that is! This provides with a big food boost along with the associated mutation.
Swimming Reworked - You complained and we listened! Running out of stamina while swimming no longer incapacitates you and makes you drown until you stamina comes back. If you run out of stamina while swimming, you'll simply swim slower! (At least until we can implement a more creative way to punish you *evil laugh*.)
Sensitivity - We've finally tuned down the sensitivity and you can even turn it down further if it still does not work out for you!
Updated Help - We've added a tools section to the help menu.
Reworked hunger - We've tuned the rate at which your food bar degrades but to compensate for that, most of the consumables food values got reworked.
- The F1 HELP menu should now display the correct information regarding the berserker mutation.
- Pressing the Space Bar while swimming no longer gives you infinite stamina.
- Loading the Server list should now correctly display the "loading" image.
- "Out of Stamina" sound should now work properly.
- It should now be harder to go inside a tree.
- Temperature in both the Savanna and Forest should now be less punishing.
- All consumables should now be stacking correctly.
- You can now log out of a server without your mouse getting stuck.
- The "footsteps" sound is now much lower which should reduce the bleeding in your ears.
- We've managed to isolate most of the cases when you get a head mutation and your hair does not grow, but there is still some known cases, mainly when you use a Soup, so please tell us and attach a Screenshot if this happens to you!
This is it for this update, but we're really exited about the coming week because we're already doing some tests with the building and the reworked combat systems! We're going to add two new BETA branches on Steam with special demo builds for those who want to try out what we're working on!
If anyone finds a bug or has a suggestion, please don't hesitate to leave us a comment at out Steam Community HUB : Steamcommunity.com
Cya next time!