It's time for Riff Racer to boost through the sync line and into full release!
Launch features include
- Brand new genre colour schemes for pop, jazz / funk / soul and classical.
- Updated genre colour schemes for rock, dance & hip-hop / urban.
- 25 bundled tracks
- 15 cars and a total of 108 styling packs from Bubblegum & Bluenote, Candy Apple and Carmine to Samurai and Shadow.
- Overhauled vehicle / styling pack prices & earn rate for Coins.
- Increased the maximum user level to 40 with exponentially more experience required for the higher levels.
- Changed the user level background bar on the profile page to show progress to level 40 rather than to the next level.
- Handling tweaks and camera changes with a new "high" camera for extra forward visibility.
- Camera choice now persists across game sessions.
- UI display tidy up improvements including better handling of differing resolutions.
- UI navigation improvements.
- CTRL-M to mute menu music.
- CTRL-ALT-G for an ultra high-res screen grab to the game directory (these will be overwritten if taken during different game sessions).
- CTRL-H to hide the HUD during a race.
- Sneaky keyboard shortcuts:
It's been a year since we launched in Early Access, and we'd like to thank everyone who has purchased, played, given feedback, recommended their favourite songs and reported bugs. The support of the Steam community has been invaluable to us as indie developers, and a significant amount of Riff Racer's direction has come about as a direct result of discussions on the forum.
We'd also like to thank our intrepid intern. Many of you may know him as the overlord of the Riff Racer leaderboards, but he's also studying game development and behind the scenes he's been employed at FOAM as Drift Consultant, working on Riff Racer's handling, cameras and car packs. Some say he plays from a simple wooden hut, deep in a Finnish forest, clad only in the skin of a recently slain reindeer. All we know is - he's called WolframH!
- Fix for 24-bit .flac decode and playback.
- Translation fixes.
- Fixed DirectX warning.
- Fixed incorrect registry paths.
- Fix for Drift meter still displayed after the race.
- Fix for Xbox controllers not connected as the first user.
- Fix for incorrect ghost car used with some challenge types.
- Fix for bundled track analysis files not bundled with the game.
- Fix for car appearing without wheels.
- Fix for crash when navigating through the UI 'too fast'.
- Fix for occasional crash accessing physics of a car that has not yet been created.
- Fix for possible overflow of user XP and level.
- Fix for memory pools overflow.
- Various fixes relating to specific music tracks causing crashes.
- Recent tracks list fixed bundled tracks not showing.
- Recent tracks list a fix so that the list is limited to recent tracks (was all time).
- Recent tracks, Bundled tracks and Charts pages navigation fixes.
- Fixes for a crash accessing profiles of players without DAT.
- Graphical fix for the item purchase button.
- Graphical fix for pre and post race overlayed leaderboards.
- Fixes for the UI background selection by genre last played.
- Made UI background selection persistent between sessions.
- Made the camera selection persistent between sessions.
- Fixes for bundled track handling.
- Misc other fixes including some crashes.
Huge thanks to everyone who's been filing bug reports on Uservoice - the information you provided has been crucial when chasing down the more obscure and difficult gremlins.
We'll be continuing to support Riff Racer after release and will continue to work on some experimental features behind the scenes.
FOAM Devs :)