Battle Coliseum is a retro game I've been working on for a while, a technical demo of sort for my 32-bit engine, Squeeze Bomb, which runs on the original PlayStation.
It's part of the Resident Evil 1.5 completion project in collaboration with Team IGAS; I decided to make a demo out of it with just this extra mode available from the go as a stand alone game, to check how people would react to a new engine that clones classic gameplay.
The demo features a dynamic camera in the style of Resident Evil 4 to navigate around a Virtual Reality arena. It's a mix of classic mechanics, spiced up a bit with elements inspired by other CAPCOM games.
- Play as Leon S. Kennedy and Elza Walker.
- Three outfits available for each playable character with different levels of resistance and durability. [unlockable]
- Eleven weapons to fight your foes: Combat Knife, Browning HP, SIG Sauer P228, Beretta M93R, Glock 18, Remington M870, SPAS-12, Ruger Super Redhawk, Ingram MAC10, H&K MC51, M79 Grenade Launcher.
- Full Dual Shock support with vibration function.
- New moves from later games of the franchise: Quick Turn & Tactical Reload.
- Dynamic camera in the style of Resident Evil 4.
- Score system based on hit rate, damage received, and completion time.
Download links can be found in the release trailer description. For more information, check out the PDF readme.