Release 0.26 Available - Expeditions, Radar, and More!
You DO NEED a new client for this release be sure to download it from the PLAY NOW area!
You can now send fleets on Expedition missions to unknown areas in the Universe! Go to the Navigation scene and you can see planets marked as Unknown. They cannot be conquered but they can be explored. Sometimes you may gain resources, other times you may lose your fleet, or you could even run into combat with pirates or aliens!
For the base universe you can only send fleets on an Exploration mission every 12 hours so choose what to send wisely!
When enemy fleets are dispatched to your planet your radar may warn you of the incoming invasion! The chance to detect the incoming fleet is based on the Industry Level of your radar plus your Espionage Technology rating and minus the Espionage Technology rating of the invader. Depending on how your radar level and technology compare to the enemy, you may get all, little, or no information.
The formula is: Your Espionage Tech Level - Their Espionage Tech Level + Your Planet's Radar Level divided by two.
(Def_Esp_Tech - Att_Esp_Tech) + (Def_Planet_Radar/2).
For example, if you have an Espionage Level of 8, they have it at 10, and you have a radar level on the planet at 8, the following would apply: (8-10)+(8/2) or (-2) + (4) or (2).
The result determines how much information, if any, you receive:
• Zero or below = You receive no warning
• 1 = You are told which planet is being invaded and by whom
• 2 = You are also told which planet they are sending a fleet from
• 3 = You are also told how many of each ship they are sending and when the fleet arrives
• 4 = You are also told how many of each troop they are carrying
• The Navigation scene now allows you to enter up to 5 digits in the warp-to area. Previously you were limited to 3 characters which were not enough to set the #s for planets in larger universes (ie, planet 1000+).
• Chat is now visible in the bottom of the Cockpit Scene. You cannot type back but you can see what others are saying. Select to go to the Chat room if you want to send something.
• You can force a chat connection refresh in the Chat Scene by selecting the recycle button. This is in place in case you lose connection to the chat server and the game does not recognize the problem.
• Several language translations have been fixed. Did you know that Xenovoid is designed to support over a dozen languages? Coming soon you will be able to pick your language since the translations are already in place!
• The Navigation View displays "Go to Galaxies" or "Go to Systems" text to indicate where you click to change the view. Use the go-to functionality to move about the Universe.
• The popup indicator is positioned properly now on multiple scenes. Previously it got out of alignment.
• The start of the tutorial system can be seen in some scenes. Over time you can expect to see a lot more tutorial information and the ability to turn it off.
• Fixed some swapping of the gold and silver alien heads on the purchase popup. It kept interchanging them even though the text was correct.
• Chat timeout changed to allow for more time for players to not talk.
• Recycle missions can now be sent to the local planet. Previously you could only recycle from another planet.
• Additional security fixes put in place to prevent fleet mission cheating.
• Xenopoints (earned by playing and not financially) now cost 75% less to perform various actions such as speeding up an industry upgrade. We are continuing to balance this to discourage a pay-to-win scenario.
• Radar logic implemented.
• Exploration logic implemented.