Merry Christmas to you all and thanks for sticking with us during this tough year. Covid-19 has tested all of our collective resolve this year amongst other challenges, but we're pushing on through and looking forward to what 2021 brings!
We received some good news regarding Tiberian Sun: Reborn, so I just want to take a moment to address that and let you all know about what our plans are. As a special present to the fans of TSR, Wallywood has contacted us and outlined his intentions to let any legal documentation regarding the project to expire in the new year.
This is obviously great news for any fans of the project, as it means that we can get it back up onto the launcher and freely develop the project once again when we are ready and able to do so! Some may say that we already had the rights to develop the game regardless of the documents, but the truth of the matter is that the situation earlier this year really halted our momentum on the project at the time by killing our enthusiasm and drive to continue. We wouldn't have been able to continue development even if we'd chosen to, because we were mentally fatigued at that point. This news is great for Reborn's future though, as it will ensure that it is completed someday.
That being said, we do have some more immediate plans for the project. A large portion of the team and I had a quick meeting the other night and here is our current plan for what we're aiming to do with Reborn in the near future:
- The version that was taken down from the launcher earlier this year will be given a dust off, and placed back up on the launcher.
- We will be aiming to do a small scripts update and test stability over the next few days.
- To commemorate a legendary date in Reborn's history, we will be aiming to get the game back up on the launcher on the 31st of December 2020 (14 years after the infamous 31st December 2006 release date).
- More information on servers will follow in the next few days as we work the details out.
- Reborn 2.0 is still on hold for now, as the team has dissolved and is working on a combination of other projects at the moment.
- Battle for Dune and Apocalypse Rising are getting the most focus right now, with releases looking a lot closer than they were earlier this year. We're hoping to produce more content for you guys regarding these projects when we can.
- We are also working on some internal engine update projects that will benefit everything that we're making further down the line. Stay posted for more news on that in the new year.
We ain't done by a long shot yet, and one day I hope we release a game that lives up to what we all want Reborn to be in our heads!
On another note, I have a sneak preview of the GDI Radar that Kane000 and Sentry have been working on! Check it out: