Rail Route is a tycoon/management game based on railroad dispatching. With relaxed and easy-to-learn gameplay, build and control your railway network.
The game is out now in Early Access on Steam.
Expand, optimize and automate!
Take on new contracts and manage growing train traffic. Expand and optimize the rail network. Unlock new technologies, improve the infrastructures, monitor rail traffic screens, and make the right decisions. The further you develop your railway network, the more complex it will be to manage. Automation is a vital feature for all dispatchers to master.
Rail Route offers different game modes to test your skills solo or against other dispatchers, and to give free rein to your creativity in the creation (or reproduction) of railway networks
- The Endless Map Mode
Manage ever-growing traffic of trains. Accept more contracts, add tracks, trains, stations, and upgrade your system through multiple technology trees. Think optimization and automation.
- The Scored Map Mode
Ideal to challenge yourself and your friends. Check your skills in managing train timetables on a fixed map where trains and tracks do not change over time.
- The Map Editor Mode
Create a map for either Map mode: Endless or Scored. Recreate your favorite junction, build your hometown from scratch or design a railroad of your own. You can then share your map through the steam workshop.
- Unique Experience
- 2 game modes: Endless and Scored Maps
- Maps Editor
- Accept different types of traffic contracts on your railway
- Operate trains according to their timetables
- Expand your rail network, build new useful components and buildings
- Earn rewards – money & experience points
- Unlock upgrades – improve your technologies, interface and discover new building components
- Automate – build various sensors and automate the operations
Features to be developed during EA
- Shunting – trains compositions, attaching/detaching of the cars
- Freight Yard Maps – handle the incoming and outgoing freight cars
- Map events – include a random event or a storyline into your maps
- Translation in 10+ languages (English, Spanish, German, Russian, French, Portuguese-brazil, Czech, Hungarian, Polish, Swedish, Portuguese, …)
- We are looking for great suggestions from the community to improve the Rail Route.