Alpha 19 of Project Ginshu is now available for players who have preordered the game. Since the update process has gotten a major overhaul, you will have to download the game runtime first, which in turn will update the game. This is the last time you will have to download the runtime, promised ;-)
- The account ID must now be entered in full, but you can copy/paste it from your account page. OSX users must also use Ctrl+V (instead of Command+V) to paste for now. I noticed that too late.
- Critters now attack in waves.
- You get a limited set of turrets to keep it interesting.
- New base with health bar. The base is not final, and the insides are not done yet.
- Critters will no longer be able to unhinge plates.
- A few improved effects, textures and sounds.
- Fixed color grading and fog shader on OSX.
- We run our own branch of the Blender Game Engine now, "Mender", which allows us to fix problems and difficulties sooner than the next version of Blender is released. It will also contain features not found in the official Blender distribution.
- Mac OS X: Mouse input is kinda jerky and the sensitivity needs to be fixed.
- Mac OS X: If using a trackpad, the scroll action is too jerky to be useful.
- Mac OS X: On Intel HD Graphics 3000, the fog shader may be broken.
- Blender Engine related: When the framerate drops below 30 frames, the game may not register key/button presses unless you hold the key/button for a longer time. This bug has been added to Blender's bug tracker.
- Linux: The linux build is for 32-bit systems. Some 64-bit platforms do not provide 32-bit support libraries out of the box. 64-bit Ubuntu e.g. requires the ia32-libs package to be installed (it's in the Ubuntu repository).