here's a little progress update on the game! We've been coding in a very fast pace the past time. Since we can't spend much time on it, we make sure we code very efficiently.
Here's some things we got finished by now:
- Ship designing.
- Galaxy generation (500 systems take 80 megs RAM, so we can eventually up that to 5000 systems with modern specs).
- Basic Research framework.
- Basic Mission framework.
- Basic Resources framework.
- Basic OpenGL map rendering.
What still needs to be done before we can release:
- Finish the research framework.
- Finish the mission framework.
- Finish the resources framework.
- Debug and beautify the OpenGL map rendering + improve input handling.
- Create a bases system (this handles basebuilding).
- Link everything together!
- Beautify the game in general.
Once this is done, we can finally release the first Alpha to the public. Also, the video also already shows what is working. As I said, this is an early prototype of the Alpha build. Expect it to look better once released, but also don't expect too much from it.
God damn it Jim! It's an Alpha build, not a full release!
This pretty well sums up what I wanted to tell you. We'll keep working on the Alpha build at a steady pace. 1st of july is an aiming point. We'll release it when it's ready for releasing.
Till the next time!