A lot of progress has been made in the past few days. Mostly making the game more realistic and adding destructible environments. I've also added a basic HUD and Radar.
Expect ALPHA 1 sometime this weekend!
ALPHA 1 Change-log:
- Added Destructible Environments
- Added Basic HUD that shows what gun is in-use and how much ammo is left
- Fire Modes for weapons can be changed by pressing the weapon's select key
- Hits needed to destroy an object varies over different weapons(i.e 90 bullets from a gun are required to shoot down a small helicopter, but only 1 rifle-grenade is needed to shoot it down)
- Added Basic Radar
- Added Crosshair
- SFX for bullets and soldier-environment interactions added
- Locomotion System added for both player and enemies
ALPHA 1 Current Issues:
- Reload glitch occurs when the player reloads and keeps holding down the fire button.
- Helicopter takes nose-dive when shot down rather than spinning out-of-control.
- Helicopter's crash SFX not playing at correct time
- Gates don't destroy after being blown up, destruction prefab still spawns.
- Pause menu has a delay
- Barrel falls through the grounds after being blown up
- SFX for player footsteps doesn't change after leaving a building and moving on ground
I haven't started working on the multiplayer portion yet, however I have all of the necessary basic script for networking. I still need to type out the scripts for the leveling system and custom weapon classes. I also need to work on the multiplayer maps, which will be based off of levels from the narrative. I have no information on the first map pack, since I really haven't gotten to thinking about it yet.
I will soon be starting a Kickstarter account to help raise money to get better assets for Raw F.O.X. This should be set up and ready by this weekend. Anyone who pledges $20 or more will be put into a drawing to win a free copy of Raw F.O.X. Anyone who pledges $50 or more will get access to the Multiplayer Beta. Everyone will get access to the Alphas.