Please help us test this extensively as a lot of underlying code with regards to shroud/fog as well as how we calculate distances and animate sprites has changed underneath.
- Added starting units configuration to the lobby (MCV only, light support, heavy support).
- Overhauled Fog of War to freeze the state of resource, smudge, and structures.
- Overhauled weapon projectile physics and rendering.
- Unified tooltip behavior between C&C and RA/D2K.
- Added lobby options for disabling shroud and fog of war.
- Unified the music player between C&C and RA/D2K and fixed a lot of bugs in it.
- Added public countdown timers to A-bomb and GPS.
- Fixed chronotank teleport sound.
- Improved chronoshift interaction with vehicle husks.
- Added build limit to iron curtain and chronosphere.
- Removed bibs from iron curtain and chronosphere.
- Fixed Nod01 mission.
- Fixed mouse cursor colors.
- Significant additional work towards TS/RA2 terrain support.
- Added audio device configuration.
- Added support for D2K R8 images.
Tiberian Sun is on it's way though looking very work-in-progress with terrain and building overlays still missing and old placeholder widget graphics being used:
It is therefore not packaged yet and only available from our development repository.
Working Dropships (for infantry) <3 ^^
Will there be at any point every mission implented? [Of all the games.]
IT seems a possibility, they just need someone to do it. The actual C&C missions were community-made, if I remember correctly.
We currently require missions to be hard-coded in C# and compiled into the Mod DLLs Github.com which so far only few people have tried and explains the lack of contributed missions. As the mission formats from C&C, RA and even D2k just recently have been completely reverse engineered it is entire possible to implement them or at least have legacy format converters. It is just a huge task. If you don't know how to program yourself, you can start a mini-fundraiser at Bountysource.com to get this done by an experienced developer.
Its a great job you guys doing, good work!
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG TS WORKING TRANSPORTS OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
By "TS/RA2 terrain support" do you mean isometric cells as well?
Yes and a proper Z coordinate for hills and cliffs.
So judging from the look of these images:
With the Aircrafts, it looks like you got the basic animation down (How TS/RA2 will automatically rotate the Voxels)
It looks like you don't have all the Infantry Sequences converted.
And looking at the Vehicles, it looks like you don't have turrets yet.
Yes, Voxels are rendered dynamically as 3D models and the combination with SHP turrets also works. Which infantry sequences and tank barrels am I missing?
I remember seeing a bug in the last public release were the building radius was much larger then what you could actually build in. not sure if I'm the only one that has this probably but it does make it confusing
will you be adding ra2(i read Ts/Ra2 terrain support and it made me think of it) to the bunch that would be pretty cool (well i mean after tib. sun of course)
Don't think so (At least not officially ;)) actually because RA2 isn't freeware like TS, TD and RA 1.
I have not really started setting up the sequences and checking which features need to be implemented, but it could be next. Without the convenient [Download Assets] button though for the said legal reasons. We can still provide a original CD ripping option or tell gamers to get the assets themselves from the backstreets of the internet.