It's alive (mostly)!
Hello! It's been a long time since last update here. I been working a lot both on my regular job and home after work (on the game of course).
I set myself a goal to release a playable demo/alpha of Cyber City Alpha THIS SUMMER (2018).
Most of the game code is done and I need to make art/3d/ui/sounds assets for all of my stuff.
But I reached the point, where the project is starting to actually be a game.
Here are some notes:
- Player Character(95% done) - moving, shooting, interacting, picking stuff up, etc.
- AI (70% mostly done) - they still have glitches (getting stuck in place or loosing sight and tracking of player, light animation glitches
- GUI (25% done bare bones) - very basic GUI for testing and the sort. No real assets yet.
- Music tracks - I made quite a bit of music for the game, but not picked any final ones yet.
- Story (50% done) - still have to connect the beginning with the intended endings
Stuff that is in the game but not wired to anything yet:
- Conversation system
- Skills & Skills points
- Free time is a bi.... I mean... not enough.
- Lone Wolf project. One man DEV team and it's going slow.
- I have to accept some loss in code or asset quality, like animation quality, texture quality, audio quality etc. Because I use what I can make myself or using free/public-domain resources like free motion capture data.
I am super happy the game is starting to come together. I will continue to work on it and will try to post more frequent updates (but I will mostly likely spend time working on it instead :P). Hope I can make the summer demo working so all of you and my friends can try it and share some feedback.
See you around!