I have been trying to speed up development recently and here is a quick run on what I did/will do:
- Got a new high speed SSD dedicated for Unity Engine and Cyber City Alpha. Bye bye HDD bottlenecks!
- New NVIDIA GTX 1080. The old 1050 Ti was enough, but I got the 1080 cheap.
- Will upgrade CPU from I7-7700k 4C/8T 4400Hz to the new Ryzen 3950x 16C/32T once they become available later in 2019 to allow for more threads/jobs for faster multi-tasking, lightmaping and builds.
- Sill me doing the programming,3d, art, music, sound, UI.
- A friend will be helping with the cars, level design, additional sounds and design ideas.
Since making this game is not my actual job (sadly) ... Dev time is important, so those steps and upgrades should minimize the time I waste waiting for stuff to save,bake,build,compile,import,test etc. and thus speeding up the workflow.