We've been busy patching a lot of the issues people are having when running in DX9 mode, along with some other bug-fixes, and some minor tweaks/fixes that needed to be done for the overal experience.
You can enable DX9 mode by right clicking homebrew in Steam, selecting Properties and add -force-d3d9 to your launch options.
Below you can find the changelog:
- DX9 mode finally working (menus still bug sometimes)
- New areas added!
- Flatland : A new giant landscape! About 100 times bigger than the Valley!
- Hero Mountain : A giant mountain to test your extreme rock-climber cars!
- Changed the PhysX number system, resulting in more stable physics calculations.
- Improved the Wheel Physics calculations
- Robot now moves with velocity in your vehicle
- Edge of the world is marked with Pylons (think HB13)
- Increased the Max Angular Velocity to 999
- Combustion engines don't play sound when spawned anymore.
- Vehicles get destroyed when entering the Builder
- Fixed Watermesh Quality setting not working on VeryLow
- Added Copybugpaste intro logo.
- Lowered Grass quality (less dense then it used to be. This is to combat lag-spikes when flying over highly dense patches of grass at high-speeds)
- Reconfigured Skybox and Fog.
- Ocean updated to newer version
- New Ambient greenland audio
- Ambient sounds don't stop when entering the builder anymore.
- Higher Rev sounds for simple Falcon 6 engine.
- Robot is invisible in First Person View
- New Ground/Grass textures
- Changed the Rock Texture System (still causes some artifacts on terrain though!)
Running in DX9 mode will also give a higher FPS boost compared to the older version, so if your game is running a bit too slow, try running in DX9 mode!