Yesterday we pushed out a major patch that makes few adjustments and fixes to the game. We've been listening to our community so we decided to make these changes:
- Outdoor area is a lot bigger, few new areas to explore
- No more constant WHATS THIS? WHATS THAT? audio cues
- RNG Keyspawns scrapped, there are still few randomly generated mechanics but the beginning keys are now in one spot. This doesn't mean that the rooms where the key won't be are not important
- We made a safehouse with crafting possibilities coming in future
- Killer run speed lowered by 25-35%. Makes it possible to run away from them outside
- More story elements
- More encounters
- Every bug seen from livestreams and feedback is fixed, this also includes animations
- Footsteps now have their corresponding sounds depending on the surface
Our plans forward from now is to keep listening our community for more feedback and trying to find bugs to fix. We are soon starting our preparations to port the game out to consoles and along with that also comes free DLC to all platforms. We are also scheduling a patch for next week that will bring few new mechanics and more that we will be informing later on.
We would like to thank everyone for your feedback, positive and negative as every feedback is highly appreciated and it helps us to make the game even better!
- Dread of Laughter Development Team