Available as a Unity Web build at Gamieon.com
Paper Cowboys is an eight player network playable game developed in 48 total hours (spanning close to a month) by one developer! The game includes three levels, four different kinds of weapons, hat drops, and a small variety of enemies.
The game was developed using the Unity engine and the Photon network library. The assets were created by hand in MS Paint. The font was downloaded from 007fonts.com and the music purchased from Audiojungle.com .
As the deadline was short, some bugs did make it through:
- PC Version has no way to quit without closing the window
- No gamepad support
- Sometimes you can jump extra high
- Sometimes you can't jump toward a ledge but you can't get through it
- Level 2 Boss Fight: You can respawn in front of the train and not see the boss
- Level 3: When you respawn, the camera doesn't follow you down, so you're pretty much toast if you die.
- Level 3: Sometimes you can't move (got it to happen once)
But if you're looking to burn 20 minutes of time with your friends, I recommend you try it today!