Hello Lil Llamas!
It's been a long time since we've given an update, but we have a great update for you all. busy. We promise. And we can show you our update gameplay video!
One of the biggest things that have changed in the latest version is the art style. You can see we've chosen brighter colours and strong contrast. We feel it brings out the uniqueness of the world out where the characters can stand out a lot more. Let us know your feedback, we'd love to know what you think!
Over time, we started to realise that making the game in the blueprint was something that wouldn't work long term. Especially for performance. Over the past 6 months, we've been swapping over the old blueprint to code. This has also allowed us to rework some systems, but also to think about the direction of the gameplay. While we've kept most of the gameplay the same, we have introduced some new mechanics and updating the combat to be more interesting. You can see the seeds of this in the video above. Over the next few months we'll be showing more of these systems when they come to life. Some of them are:
Each magic ability does something different rather then just causing damage.
- Lighting - Stuns one enemy on the battlefield
- This goes to all enemies in the area of the target when use the ultimate.
- Water - Heals Pandora for 30%
- This % can be increased by skill points on the tree.
- Using the ultimate would cause for this to expand to other members of the party.
Ultimates on Umbrellas
- A bar fills up by collecting fragment pieces that drop from enemies when killed.
- Pandora can activate her Ultimate ability by pressing Y on the controller.
- This then unleashes a different set of attacks that can be used. Visually, it differs by:
- Pandora gains a material change
- Umbrella has a mesh change + material change
- VFX is different when attacking. Main VFX particle is swapped out.
List of abilities that are unlockable
(Using the umbrella’s mechanics or making combat interesting.)
- Using the block ability, water can form around Pandora for 1 second to protect all around her. (Hold RB)
- Block Counterattack
- After blocking an attack successfully, Pandora can perform a counter attack that dashes in the direction of the attacker when starting to perform a new combo. RB + (LS+B)
- Shield charge
- After performing a block ability successfully, push forward on the controller to slam forward fast and stun targets. RB + LS
- Shield drop
- While double jumping and gliding, holding the Shield button attack button will cause Pandora to smash into the ground. AOE (Whilst gliding RB + B)
- Umbrella Spin
- Combo attacks 1 + 2 and rotating the LS with cause pandora to spin on the spot for 3 seconds.
Make sure to follow us to keep up to date!