Ostrich Island game, version 1.09 (Beta) has been just released by MeDungeon Games, a one-man indie games studio from Finland.
This version adds the underwater craziness to the existing variety of level environments such as sunny tropical paradise, storm madness and underground tunnels. Welcome to the Island Ten, named "To the bottom of C"! Prepare to the huge bonus boost with lots of fish to catch and 20 eggs to collect!
Oh, almost forgot, beware sharks!
As a bonus, to celebrate 10 levels mark, here is a video tip. Wandering how to catch butterflies, added in the version 1.08? Misguided by the previous sneak peek, rushed but caught nothing? Do not panic! Watch this Ostrich Island Survival Tip:
Ostrich Island is the unique mix between an adventure, platformer and role-playing game. Explore beautiful islands, search for collectibles, level up and gain new abilities.
Game web site: www.medungeon.com
- Collect as many bonuses as you can and escape to the next island. At the end of each level the Ostrich gains experience points and upgrades with new skills and abilities.
- Different types of levels: sunny tropical paradise, storm madness, underground tunnels, underwater craziness and even procedural generated in-the-air platformer (soon)!
- Lots of collectibles and hidden bonuses, ones discovered they can be closely examined in the Nest or used for your Ostrich customization.
- Two difficulty levels: "Relaxing", where you can slowly investigate the islands, searching for collectibles with nothing to worry about, and "Escape", where constantly rising water level adds some stress but increases score multipliers in return.
- Global leader board and country scoreboard across all platforms.
- Your score and game progress are saved in the cloud. You can easily start playing on your Windows machine at home and continue on a Mac/Linux computer at office your friends place.
"Peaking Out Of The Sand ‘Ostrich Island' Shows A Beautifully Crafted World To Explore"
[Indie Game Magazine]
"...the whole game is presented in an aesthetic that is pleasing to the eye and actually makes you want to stay on the island at times, instead of escaping."
[God is a geek]
"Seriously, in love with this game is what I am – in love!"