MeDungeon games, the one-man independent games company from Finland, started a crowd sourcing campaign for its Ostrich Island game.
The raised money will be spent on:
- additional game assets (more objects to interact, more enemies to kick!);
- outsourcing 3D animator, composer and sound designer work (better animation, more music and sound effects);
- the game engine "Full" license (more eye candies, for example dynamic shadows, better looking water and fog);
- additional programming work and localization
The game is the unique mix between an adventure (explore beautiful islands and search for collectibles) and a platformer (jump over dangerous waters, run and kick the stuff), with a slight hint of role-playing game (level up and gain new abilities).
The game will be available for Windows, Mac and Linux platforms.
KICK ALL THE STUFF! COLLECT ALL THE BONUSES! ESCAPE TO THE NEXT ISLAND BEFORE THE FLOOD!
- The Ostrich gains experience points and upgrades with new skills and abilities.
- Lots of collectibles and hidden bonuses. Ones found they can be closely examined in the Nest.
- Two difficulty levels: "Relaxing", where player can slowly investigate islands, searching for collectibles with nothing to worry about, and "Escape", where constantly rising water level adds some stress but increases score multipliers in return.
- Global leader board and country scoreboard across all platforms.