A huge thank you to all our beta testers - we want to make GORILLA TOWN a fun and bug free experience, and we couldn't do it without you! We've taken all your input from the open beta and implemented a number of improvements:
- We've added 15 new radio announcer / voice over quips and also decreased how often you will hear repeats. SCIENCE!
- Added multiple flying B.O.X.M.A.N robots to the first three levels for more frenetic action. Our research has concluded that getting to destroy more robots leads to more happiness. SCIENCE!
- Redesigned the player input area at the bottom of the screen so you can see more of the action. SCIENCE!
- Got rid of the leftover on-screen control mechanisms. The game evolved into being more challenging where using the mouse to manipulate the on-screen controls would put the player at a major disadvantage. We found that players were attempting to use these on-screen controls and getting their butts kicked way too often. SCIENCE!
- Using the mouse to aim and throw bananas has become easier - we change mouse cursors when you hover over Victor the Gorilla as well as when you click and drag to throw. You also don't need to drag the mouse as far to increase your throw power. SCIENCE!
- We now support WASD keys for aiming in addition to our original arrow keys. SCIENCE!
- Get in a sticky situation where you have to toss bananas behind your head? No more! Instead, you can now just flip Victor in the opposite direction using either shift key on the keyboard or the left trigger on your gamepad. SCIENCE!
- Boss walking by your desk and you frantically minimize the game? We'll pause it for you automatically. SCIENCE?
- Sometimes the incepti-tron power up made buildings move too far down the screen causing difficulties while playing, we fixed that! Buildings will stay in a safe zone when being moved so they never go too high or too low where it can become frustrating. SCIENCE!
- Improved the overview map usability by fixing the hover elements, SCIENCE!
Thanks again to our beta testers!
Interested in helping out? Hit us up at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll hook you up with a free copy.
Social Media, etc:
Steam: GORILLA TOWN on Steam
This comment is currently awaiting admin approval, join now to view.