Patch 1.01 has just released! We've gotten a lot of great community feedback and it's helping us improve Conflicks all the time so keep it coming. Here is a detailed overview of the main features we've added and a list of the patch notes.
The biggest feature we're adding in this patch is the "Tac-chickal" Mode. Tac-chickal Mode is a single player only feature, by hitting the Enter key (by default, you are able to rebind this key) you will be able to pause the game mid-match while still keeping camera control. Now you'll be able to scour the battlefield and plan the perfect strategy, or, if you needed some extra time to read, you can check out all the actions of your ships.
Another useful feature we're adding is a quick shortcut key to a battle happening off screen. By hitting the C key (by default, able to rebind) you will be able to center the camera on one of your ships currently under attack. If no ship is under attack, you will simply center on your flagship. Really good to keep track of multiple fronts at once.
We're also adding mouse over info pop-ups, so now when you hover over a ship or action icon you will get the name of it, and in the case of ships, you will be able to see if they are ready to be flicked, if they are an allied ship, or an enemy. This will really help out some people who like to play more zoomed out.
We've also got a lot of bug fixes, minor changes and visual improvements in the patch:
- Redesigns and tweaks to single player maps for missions 1-7.
- Memory optimization so the game runs smoother on weaker systems.
- A new sound for when someone new enters the multiplayer lobby.
- Additional background music
- AI optimization.
- Improved readability of the mission objectives with a new interface version.
- When a player has a bad connection or slow framerate in competitive games, they get dropped after 5 attemps to reconnect with the other players.
- Improved Sling-Shot visuals.
- New in-game in / out nebulae sounds
- Improvement and optimisation of the Tracktor beam sounds (All factions).
- Multiplayer map 7 constellation fixed.
- Ships particle visibility for the Sublime Gate under the garbage clusters fixed.
- Chk'rathi flagship visual improvement of the MetaBoost power.
- Impoved time dilation effects
- Improvements in the info window textures.
- In game space objects click sounds.
- MegaBoulder particles fixed.
- New explosion FX for the fireship (Sublime Gate).
This is only the first of many patches to come, so keep helping us improve Conflicks so we can have an even better game!
Thanks for playing.