After a couple weeks longer than I was initially expecting to work on 8.0 updates, I've released today 0.8.0.5 which is the final build I'm going to do for 8.0 (unless a critical bug is uncovered). The focus of this build is fixing a couple of small issues introduced in resolution selection from the last build alongside some unit logic bugfixes. Full changelog below:
- Improvement: Falling damage now only applied if a unit falls more than one level.
- Improvement: Fall damage now handled and calculated differently.
- Bugfix: Changed title screen to perform events on the mouse up event, fixes a bug whereby on clicking 'resume game' the mouse click event would then be also passed on to the in-game scene.
- Bugfix: Game no longer emits a unit under fire notification on falling damage.
- Bugfix: Reworked resolution selection code to fix bug relating to resolutions being potentially shown multiple times.
- Bugfix: Fixed bug relating to mouse leaving the screen to the left in dual screen setup leading to a crash.
- Bugfix: Entities that are mutated are now removed properly from the game to prevent enemy units targeting them from shooting repeatedly even after they've been killed.
- Bugfix: Fixed issue with player units that were under heavy fire sometimes ignoring move commands from the player, instead opting to continue fighting where they were.
So now work on the 8.1 combat update (the major changes of which are outlined in the Development Status page) which I've been planning for a while starts properly. It will include extra combat mechanics at a unit level, as well as new weapons and weapon selection abilities for your troops. Also planned is the introduction of a day and night cycle and many other exciting elements. There's a lot on the task list and I've allocated roughly a month of development time to get it all finished.
This update, as before, can be downloaded via the Isomer launcher!