So like the topic says, NBK project doesn't exist anymore.
But, that's why we have NBKE
So what's all this about?
Well when i started programing it i did not have the level of knowledge that i now possess. And so i decided (1 or 2 months ago) to start from scratch with a new engine. And i did so. The progress till now has been really fast since i can reuse most of time consuming parts from the old engine. Things like room creation, proper texture alignment, ... i've almost finished with the integration of old engine stuff.
So what's the difference between the old and the new engine?
1. new engine has much nicer code base
2. everything is modular in new engine
3. new engine has been built from ground up with advanced effects in mind (effects like normal mapping, perpixel lighting, ...)
4. new engine is much less error prone, less buggy, easier to extend, easier to debugg
5. new engine does not have texture atlas limitations like old one had. currently i'm using the texture atlas size of 4096x4096 for optimal performance and quality
5. changed model format from ms3d to br5. br5 is my own mesh format for optimal rendering capabilities. It supports animation and animation interpolation. I wrote a tool which converts ms3d with or without anim to br5.
the list could go on forever but i'm too tired
old engine code is free to download if there is some interest. more info comming soon! take care.
p.s. i'm at 80% of old engine progress
Just look how happy the imps are.