Monday 20.6 | Starting Work on Stealth & New Environment
Today I started with creating an environment for testing the stealth mechanics which I will be adding this week. The better part of the day went implementing audible events and fixing combat. On my blog
Inaudible Audible Steps
Using UnityEvents to make enemies hear the player run. I don't know if invoking every enemy's OnAudibleEvent method is the best way of handling this, but for the prototype it works. At the moment the mechanic feels weird because I don't have the foot step sounds or enemy animations to go along with it yet.
Wave Function Collapse Environment
I created a simple environment with a Wave Function Collapse unity implementation I had fiddled with a couple weeks back (marian42/wavefunctioncollapse). I had created the building blocks back then so I literally just had to press generate and move a couple blocks around to make it little more functional.
- Wave function collapse environment
- UnityEvent OnAudibleEvent
- On enemy
- PlayerDetection listens to audibleevent and checks distance
- Behaviour tree gets target from PlayerDetection
- Fixing Executing
- Also renamed to critical strike
- Still trying to figure out the combat
- Testing with many enemies