I'm excited to announce that Resort Boss: Golf's March update is now live!
The March update sees the debut of a course builder, allowing you to freely link their holes together into a guided course for their resort’s golfers, a terrain generator, a character creator and a selection of new cosmetic options, diversifying your golf resorts.
There’s still plenty to come from Resort Boss: Golf’s Early Access period, with tournaments, wildlife, challenge scenarios and more already confirmed for release across April and May.
- Expanded the hole panel, with more information and tools for evaluating the holes you have built.
- Added two new tools for hole building: (these tools are accessible both from the hole info panel and from the hole builder)
- Shot Analyzer: Allows you to place the ball on any spot near a hole, and see what are the options that the AI is more likely to choose.
- Heatmap: For holes with play history, shows you the most commong landing spots for shots.
- Added the Course Builder, which allows you to create and customize the courses in your resort. It allows you to:
- Choose the holes that belong to a course
- Name and price the course
- View the history of play on the course, complete with shot visualizers
- View overall information regarding the golfers' opinion on the course
- Added three new tilesets that the players can choose when creating their resort:
- Sandy Desert: A desert themed landscape
- Winter Wonderland: A winter/snowy themed landscape
- Deadwood: A horror-ish themed landscape
- Added two new terrain options for creating the resort:
- Rolling Hills: Creates a terrain that features smooth variations in height, creating long hills
- Thousand Lakes: Creates a terrain with several little lakes spread around the map
- Added the Golfer Creator. Players are now able to create and customize not only their own Resort Boss, but also golfers and VIPs that can appear during general gameplay.
- Added an option to select the boss that will own the resort that the player is creating.
- Added support for Portuguese language.
- Path no longer overlaps with the tee box.
- Building editor will now choose a random wall type everytime you start a new building.
- Adjusted the wind function to have less insane changes.
- Removed the limit of 18 holes for the resort.
- Replaced the game logo with higher resolution one on the loading screen.
- Wind arrow should now point to the correct direction.
- Tiles with trees are no longer marked as OB, but will have large penalties for the AI calculations.
- Landscapers will now try to find the orders that are closer to them first.
- Planting trees in the Winter tileset has a chance to spawn them with snow.
- Taking a loan will no longer also include the interest in the loaned amount.
- Buildings will now no longer generate income while still in the planning stage.
- Double clicking the hole button will no longer result in invisible holes.
- Tutorial panels now hide properly if you load/create a new game while playing the tutorial.
- Fixed issue with a nullreference when trying to close the hole panel which led to the panel not closing.
- Modified the failsafe to make the AI stop if it stops approaching the target object.
- Adjusted AI logic to be able to finish the hole.
- Course builder has been disabled during tutorial.
- Course selector will now be properly highlighted, and fixed issue with the attributes not updating.
- Golfers will no longer attempt to play a closed hole.
- Courses are now being properly cleared when starting/loading another game.
- Set the correct label for the localization and added auto-resize to the text that didn't have it.
- Add/Remove buttons are now properly localized.
- Not completing the hole tutorial will no longer lock the hole builder in regular play.
- Fixed the issue with the tutorial options being clumped up together on the scroll view.
- Fixed issue with an Add button that was being labelled Remove.
- Fixed issue with a Remove button that was being labelled Add.
- Fixed another issue that was leading to the hole builder tool becoming unusable.
- Set the proper replacement flags for the text.
- Courses are now being properly loaded when loading a save game.
- Added localization for Reset Tutorial.
- Course button is now properly unlocked after finishing the tutorial.
- Added missing localization bindings.
- Added missing Portuguese translations.
- Added a failsafe for calling golfers from the queue, to avoid the null reference issue.
The Resort Boss: Golf Team