After releasing the alpha demo I've been working on improving the game's graphics.
I've started with small things - cloud shadows and sand particles.
Cloud shadows went through several changes:
Currently, cloud shadows are still not finished because I started working on non-cloud shadows, which currently look like this:
I've also made minor changes to attack animation, added idle animation, and changed the font.
Improving graphics is just one of the many things that I want to do before releasing the next demo version:
Add interior system and Locul town
- A system to allow you to go inside houses and then a bunch of houses!
UI looks 2.0
- Current UI looks too bland.
Character interaction system
- Pressing a key while you are near to a character will open a screen with options, such as talk to a character, trade with character, etc. This is system is necessary for making quests and trading.
Role system and first four roles
- This is a big one: It requires a lot of coding, staff and bow attack animations, 6 new attack spells, and countless UI additions. The first 4 roles to be added are Warrior, Mage, Archer, and Survivor. Expect to get more information about roles in the future.
The first quest
- Combining roles, new content, and character interaction system into your first big adventure in Caios!
My goal for next week is to finish working on graphics and start working on the interior system.
That's all for now, until next time!