Hey there, long time no see! I received some pretty good player feedback and prepared something. Version 1.02 contains some smaller fixes only, but it's definitely worth playing. ;-)
Version 1.02 Changes
*** Appearance ***
- Added an option to get to the main menu from pvp mode
- Reduced the menu text overhead
*** Balance ***
- Slightly decreased Orbit Shield damage
- Reduced the respec drink costs by about 20% for higher hero levels
- Reduced the respec drink costs a lot for heroes with level 17 or lower
*** System Changes ***
- Enemies' damage now gradually decreases when they combo you
*** Engine ***
- Game engine update: Unity 5.2.4
Gradual damage reduction
RNG can be evil sometimes. A bad combination of room layout and picked enemy types can lead to situations where enemies keep comboing you to death. In order to lessen the pain of long enemy combos, version 1.02 features gradual damage reduction.
Whenever enemies hit you in quick succession for a high amount of hits, the damage received per hit decreases. You take full damage for the first 4 hits and then the received damage is gradually reduced by 15% steps (100%, 100%, 100%, 100%, 85%, 70%, 55%, 40%, 25%, 10%). So, after being hit 10 times in a short amount of time, you only receive 10% of the damage for every upcoming attack.
This system only affects enemies. Don't worry, your combos will continue to do full damage, both in PvE and PvP.
Combat info page
I added an info page for the combat system, check it out:
I hope you enjoy the new version as much as I do. :-)
Have fun playing!