Kingdom's Reign & Rule is now on IndieDB! Originally Kingdom's Reign & Rule was a Ludum Dare 28 game called "One man Armies". The name isn't relevant to the game anymore as you can have larger armies. This is my first game on IndieDB so if I do anything wrong, please inform me.
Since Ludum Dare came about I've been working on my game to make it better since I got such good feedback. Currently I'm updating the games main mode to a map system which allows you to view the different kingdoms. The game is not as playable as I would like right now. However I shall add a list of updates I've added to the game since ludum dare:
- Updated most of the character sprites to look a lot better, 4 remaining for now.
- Made spears and other projectiles remain after they have hit anything.
- Made the basis for the level generator so that it can generate specific rooms on a single call.
- Fixed a couple of annoying AI bugs.
- Made new character selector screen for the Map menu.
- Made AI for kingdoms to attack each other.
- Messing around with efficiency code because AIs suck.
And that's... it... Well I've done more than than it looks, I've never made a map menu system with AI and character selection all in one so it's tricky but yeah...
Anyway so that's it for the first update, May many more come!