The Junk E.T. alpha version 0.14 is finally ready for release!
This version introduces a rather large list of new content and features, primarily in the form of newly added room keys, and a stamina meter for displaying how much running power Dima has.
Additionally, we have added a bunch of new mobs (albeit with simplistic, placeholder AI for the moment), several new environments, a few new trash items, and many new effects and sounds.
A complete changelog of alpha version 0.14 is as follows:
Changes in version 0.14.0-alpha
Improvements and additions:
- Added a stamina meter UI which shows if the character is tired or not.
- Implemented three new environments: Rusty, Diner and Frozen Tundra.
- Updated doors of Desert and Forest environments with animated versions.
- Implemented keys and locked doors.
- Reworked trash heaps and how fuel conversion works.
- Mobs drop fuel orbs when they die.
- Balanced weapon attributes.
- Aurora Bee mob now leaves a trail of a harmful gas.
- Added two new trash items: Floppy Disk and Poo.
- Added 7 new mobs: Gib Pincer, Colonel Clux, Paste Maker, Bowl Buddy, Rhinowalrus, Hydra and Brocolops. (Note their AI is still very simple.)
- Restructured how environment loading works. (This opens a possibility for modding, although it's not a huge deal yet.)
- Updated planet preview images.
- Added a volume slider for sound effects in the options menu.
- Decephalon shots are faster.
- The floor under trash heaps are now dirty, as they should be.
- Changed blood decal textures.
- Each time a living entity gets damaged, there will be blood.
- Fixed bug where fuel multiplier bonus would not reset before starting a new game.
- Fixed Sasqualien and Xenapod AIs running after they die.
- Fixed glitch causing entities not to flash when taking damage.