Iridescence V1.5 has been coming along smoothly! Wrath's base is complete, and purgatory's been redesigned to look and play better. There's only 4 more levels to design and some other changes to make before V1.5's ready to hit the ModDB page!
On other news, Iridescence just got a huge boost in popularity, bringing it up farther! We've also just hit 99 downloads, so I think it's time to celebrate with an early snapshot update of V1.5! I hope you all are as pumped as I am! Iridescence is growing, and so is it's viewership, which only brings a bigger smile to my face every time I see it. Thank you all so much for your support! :)
Now, I'm gonna talk about the three secrets so far in the game, and how to find them.
The first one you'll encounter is the warp to [Wrath]. Here's how you get there:
1. Complete the first two areas in purgatory.
2. In the third area, there's a split in the path to two different places. The one on the left will take you to the way to get to the hub. The right one takes you to an island. Go to the right path.
3. Once over there, you might be mistaken to believe that it's a dead end, but look in the water. There's an underwater path to travel upon.
4. Traverse the underwater path to a small island with a skull and an axe.
5. Touch the skull and axe to be taken to the level warp for [Wrath].
6. At this point, you can either go to the yellow spotlight to be taken back, or touch the warp to go to [Wrath].
Now then, here's how to find the "Secret Friend" Easter Egg.
1. Once in [Wrath], travel around the giant axe, and make your way over to the large stone skull.
2. DO NOT GO INSIDE THE SKULL'S MOUTH. Instead, jump on the rocks next to it, and carefully hop your way around.
3. You'll find the little robot holding a halberd. Take the halberd if you want. There's no other option from here, so commit suicide to warp back in front of the large stone skull.
4. The halberd only lasts for the level, but [Wrath] doesn't contain enemies, so it's moreover an Easter egg.
Here's a secret in the Hub level. It's the warp to an incomplete secret level, [Lust].
1. Once in the hub level, DO NOT WALK FORWARD. THIS ENDS THE DEMO. Instead, turn around and look down the edge.
2. Search for a propane tank that's underwater.
3. Jump on top of the propane tank.
4. You'll be warped to the area where you can go into the yellow spotlight to go back, or touch the level warp to do absolutely nothing.
There you go! A collection of the current secrets. I plan to add a lot more, so prepare yourselves.
Thank you all for the support.
Here's some screenshots for new readers: