One of the most popular ways to play Midair:CE is via a 5v5 CTF pick up game. In contrast to public games where you can play however you like and take it casually, pugs require teamwork, communication and strategy in order to win.
Randomly selected captains will pick players and maps, and designate positions to their team. This video gives a general overview of the process to join pugs, how to captain, what the different roles are, and important communication tips.
To learn/practice cap routes, type !routes into our discord server to gain access to some basic routes that can be used with the in game practice mode.
This video is missing a few basic details which I will add here:
1) PUGs are normally best of two maps. Some people would like best of 3, others don't have the time commitment. Two is good compromise.
2) When a regular pug is won, lost or drawn one of the captains needs to go to the #pugs channel (or #newbloods) and report the loss by typing !finishgame X (where X = win, loss, tie).
3) When a newblood pug is completed, one of the captains just needs to type !finishgame, the result is not required as stats are not recorded for newblood games.
- Camp = Stay alive and hidden
- Cap = Flag capture
- Capper = Flag carrier
- Crash = Go towards the enemy flagstand as quickly as possible, fire grenades at the stand
- Disc Jump = Fire the Tempest behind you to boost your speed at the expense of health
- Double Chasing = When the home D is also chasing the enemy flag
- e-Grab = Emergency Flag Grab - grab the flag as quick as possible to prevent a cap
- Hunt = When a defender attempts to deal quick damage to cappers mid-route before K-ing out.
- K-ing out / K-out = Respawn
- Newblood = New player
- OOB = Out of bounds grid
- Spot = Communicate location of incoming enemies
- Standoff = Both flags are off stand & at opposing team’s base
- Rabbiting = Moving around the map with the enemy flag at high speed during a flag standoff instead of assuming a defensive position near their flag stand
- Re-Grab = Running a capping route with the intention of grabbing the flag immediately after your team captures the flag, or it is returned.
- Route - Setting up a ski path that will allow you to attempt to grab the enemy flag at high speed