Watch out for the release on Desura on April, 30th !
Biodrone Battle brings classic top-down action rooted in the pioneer gaming era of the 1980s into your living room. The game's goal is to eliminate all hostile drones that try to keep their recently gained autonomy, by either shooting or morphing into them. Morphing into more powerful drones is crucial to competing with stronger opponents on higher floors.
Somewhere in the far future, mankind has succeeded in building the first artificial beings from biological and electronic components. Not surprisingly, one of their first applications is as highly intelligent battle drones.
These drones are called Bionics. The Bionics constantly enhance their artificial brains by learning rapidly from all previous perceptions. Their self-awareness develops day by day. Eventually, they choose to turn against their creators.
All training rooms in the laboratory are now occupied by aggressive battle machines. Their utmost desire is to survive in all scenarios and to preserve autonomy.
One last drone is still under human command, and with a remote controller it is possible to fix the problem by using two methods that go hand in hand:
Method 1: Shooting
Method 2: Tactical morphing
Unfortunately, your starter drone is too weak to compete with all those much stronger opponents. Therefore, morph it into more powerful drones and benefit from their abilities for a limited time. Now here's the drawback: no morphing without energy packs dropped by damaged drones which leads back to method 1...
Play Biodrone Battle and sneak, shoot, run, hide and morph.
Facts & Features
- Two kinds of gameplay elements that go hand in hand: shooting and tactical morphing.
- Top-down scroller without pixel art but modern lighting, colorful particle effects and atmospheric sound.
- Eight drone characters with individual behaviour, weapons and gear.
- Switch between the last 3 morphed drones
- 21 game floors, each individual in gameplay and appearance to keep up the challenge, fun and motivation to play.
- Non-linear gameplay: clear floors as you like (and can)
- Contributes to mutual understanding between platforms: it feels comfortable on Windows, Linux and OSX.
- Zombie free