Of course the other big announcement was the start of our Greenlight campaign over at Steam. It's been up and running for a little more than a day now and we seem to be doing pretty well. We could use your YES vote over there. So we know voting yes is a little easier than pulling out the wallet, but we hope you might do both. (Yeah, I know we're greedy that way!)
In Feudums, players take on the role of a Lord or Lady seeking to become the new ruler of the realm. The game mashes together the best features of Civilization, Crusader Kings, browser-based strategy games, Defender of the Crown and HBO’s Game of Thrones into a one-of-a-kind 4X-MMO-Strategy game set in the Middle Ages. Or, in video form:
How is Feudums different from other games? I'm glad you asked!
- It's built on a detailed and realistic vassalage system. Unlike most other strategy games set in the Middle Ages, vassalage is a core concept of Feudums affecting both diplomacy and player interactions. Lands can be offered in return for someone's loyalty, and vassals are obliged to support your military campaigns
- Warfare is not about building the bigger army. War is expensive, brutal and may have long-standing effects on your realm. Seasonal military campaigns and levy troops - who you'll solely miss during harvest if they die in war - are cornerstones of the system
- Seasons are a major factor in all aspects of life - from food production to warfare
- Diplomacy and intrigue are just as much of a battlefield as the map's landscape
- RPG-like elements for customizing and creating the lore of your Noble House through in-game achievements
- It’s built to be moddable
- It’s versatile - play on any platform (Win, Mac and Android) or device (PC or tablets) in any mode (single, multi, MMO)
Feudums is free to win. We know the F2P label automatically turns off most gamers. So, right from the start, we want to emphasize there will be no way to win by spending money. There is no small print on that. No lawyer’s disclaimer. We came into this project to make a game we would want to play – fun, competitive, social and FREE.