So we've been taking the last week easy. Our brother is still recovering, so that will obviously delay work ;)
We've been spending some time solidifying the vision for the full VCD however, so we want to let you guys know where we want VCD to go. Here we go then :)
Central to the full game will be a selection of unique maps, each with their own premise/style/focus. Some example of these would be:
- Medical Bay
- Gravity Chamber
- Infested Facility
Each of these areas would feature slightly different gameplay and approaches. The game is still about cleaning up each place, but each place brings with it a unique focus and differing challenges/mechanics.
Beyond that, we will be adding more mechanics and polishing up existing functions. Here is a brief list of some planned features:
- A tool for picking up several cartridges at once.
- Blood will take a little more than one "jab" to get rid of (could depend on size of splat).
- Better interaction between hands and objects.
- Fire mechanics (fires can be put out and can be started accidentally).
- Alien infestation and tools to deal with it
- A radio.
- Dead bodies.
- Bullet holes and a tool to fix them.
- Broken equipment and ways of repairing it.
- Cataloging name-tags of deceased (more details on this down the line)
- The possible addition of a cart. A wonky cart.
And we have a bunch of other ideas still, but we want to keep a few surprises ;)
Also, there will be considerably more fixes and polish applied to current aspects, such as physics syncing and "clocking-out".
And please don't forget to give us a 'Yes' vote on Steam Greenlight :)
Grab the latest releases of the free prototype alpha right here!
Thanks everyone, I hope this sheds some light on things :)
Interesting concept. Although I can't help but imagine a co-op twist to it, making it so that 2 cleaners need to work togheter and coordinate each other in a timely manner to clean the areas as fast as possible for time trials and limits.
Definitely voting on steam.
I've backed this from the get go ;)
this sounds amazing, i wont buy it as it is now, but as soon as I read the line "Cataloging name-tags of deceased (more details on this down the line)" i was sold, when that comes out, you tell me, ill buy 3 copies, so that 2 of my friends can enjoy the wonders of beign a janitor with out making risky life choices.