Hackwork 0.1.7 was just uploaded to Desura and the Ubuntu Software Center and is currently waiting for approval (this should take about a day).
Hackwork 0.1.7 is a feature update and brings a whole bunch of changes:
- Keyboard shortcuts 1, 2, 3, 4 to select 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% of all viruses.
- AIs now try to defend their base.
- More efficient slider movement by dragging the mouse over the sliders (for selecting viruses).
- Fixed a virus visibility issue.
- Fixed issues with some Linux distributions.
- Improved node-textures.
- Randomized player starting position.
- Fixed button-flickering in tooltips on slow computers.
- Few campaign fixes and improvements.
- Created a standalone installer for Windows.
- Fixed volume setting problems on Linux.
- Sound effects are now stopped when they should be stopped (i.e. winning screen and campaign voice).
- Positional sound (stereo).
- Some eyecandy.
Also, the new demo version will include a skirmish match so testers can get a better impression of the gameplay.
Have fun hacking,