(What’s New?) A list of what has changed this week (tweaked mechanics, added content, etc).
- Upgraded the combo bar to fit the theme
- Made the title screen more juicy with flickering lights and new fonts
- Added 3x3 rooms and 2 tile wide corridors for more variation
- Added better guidance during the tutorial
- Added sound when you hit the beat successfully
- Added paintings in the rooms
- Slight changes to level layout
- Added feedback when you try to run into a wall
- Sped up the indicators
- Fixed saving bug where you would sometimes start at level 2
- Added new music in
- Curtains now lift so you can’t hide forever
- Added audio during death
- Added cross fading between music tracks
- Fixed bug causing the beats to overlap/stop showing up
- Re-recorded voice lines to better match the theming of the game
(What’s the Motivation?) A discussion / summary of why you made these changes. Where is your project headed?
Many of the updates made this week were visuals or small changes to the game. We didn’t want to make any huge changes as this is the final release and there would be the possibility of adding in game breaking bugs.
A lot of our changes had to do with theming. We changed the fonts in many places to fit the scary feeling, and we made sure that people wouldn’t get ripped out of their immersion in the game by the UI.
Finally, we also made some changes so that players would have an easier time understanding the controls, and so they wouldn’t get lost as easily in the game. We added clearer instructions during the tutorial and we added variations to the rooms so people wouldn’t get confused as often.
(What’s Next?) What changes you plan to make for the next iteration.
As this is our final release, we would like to thank you for your support, and we hope you enjoy our game!