Hello, hello, hello!
Today was a day that I'd like to call progress. I spent a few hours screwing around and tinkering with code, and while I did that I managed to do a few things:
- Fixed the camera jitter bug I found, and camera issues in general
- Added a sprint mechanic
- Added more controller support (sprint, projectile, jump, enter doorways, and pause now workable on xbox controllers)
- Updated start menu (Features main character standing and doing his idle animation next to the buttons)
This overall isn't too much, but this does allow for a more rounded out demo with a lot more support for controllers, and more mechanics that allow for me to create unique levels based around these specific functions - and then a combination of multiple functions. Throughout the week I'll be spending time updating the sprites in some way, revamping the level design a bit and making every level short enough for the player to test out the mechanics and also get a feel for some of how certain areas are going to be. There's still going to be 3 levels, but they'll be much bigger now that I've allowed myself time to implement some more ideas.
Here's also a rundown of what each level in demo 0.1 will be based around.
- Level 1: Spikes, jumps, and harder combinations of the two
- Level 2: Moving platforms, Spikes, Jumps, and a harder combination of the 3
- Level 3: Not designed yet
Level 1 and 2 are nearly completed, while level 3 will be the last one designed. I haven't thought of a good idea for it yet but I'll figure something out.
That's all for today, but after each significant amount of additions, I'll be posting here again. Have a great day, and look forward to the demo this weekend!