I spent the last few days working on a few things:
- Some music for the game
- Level design for 3 levels
- Implementing a few neat things (Moving platforms, enemies on platforms and traps)
- Finding bugs
I've been actually trying to fix some stuff up, but some bugs have not been fixed. Or weird things, really.
Things that need to be fixed later:
- The moving platforms cause the player to shake and jitter - this is annoying, and I'd assume it would be for the player too. Working on fixing that, not sure how but it will be fixed in a later demo.
- If you try to jump too much in certain areas, you'll fly through the wall/platform and fall to your death. Not too big a deal since I have a metric ton of checkpoints, but still weird and not something that should be in the game.
- Character model has no shooting animation/shooting animation while walking (just looks dumb)
- Level select is literally you walking to a door and entering it (may be different before tomorrow's demo), is kind of dumb
Things that will be in the demo tomorrow:
- 3 enemies, 2 with animations, one without (because it's a big one and I haven't had time to animate it)
- 3 levels (kind of short, but will expand as I make things)
- A pause menu and main menu
- Most animations for the player
This isn't that much, but compared to that tech demo I uploaded it's a lot more. And there's a bit of an actual challenge, albeit not much of one yet.
I haven't introduced a tutorial level, so you'll have to read the READ ME that will be included. Please give it a read, it'll contain the controls for everything.
Another note, I will be making dev videos! The sole purpose being to entertain you while I give you a basic rundown of future plans. Videos may be long or short, depending on how things are going.
That's all for now. Look forward to the basic demo tomorrow!