It's been roughly 8 months we've started the preproduction phase. We were only 2, a software architect and me as a technical artist. After few tests with motivated people we went 4, adding a game artist and a lead artist.
Whilst the procedural generation was scheduled to maintain a good structure -and easy to iterate, the background story, game document and many other cool stuff drove the project to new level, entering in Production phase !
Placeholders are being replaced, let there be ART !
Also starting multiplayer tests, level design tends to be more accurate and balanced. Dynamical events still sounds viable to put in place. We now focus on those 2 points ;
- Define artistic guidelines
- Slightly adding/densify gameplay features
Project is in a very good shape !
Let's ship it !