A horror experience in the depths of the sea,
currently in development.
You play as Dr. Helena Pearson, a scientist aboard the oceanographic research lab “Cascade II”, 3000 feet below the surface, located on the edge of an abyssal trench. After a storm strands you alone in the habitat with minimal contact from your crew members on the surface, you’re forced to survive a week while managing your resources very carefully. Be warned, however: you’re not alone down there. "Defend" yourself and the habitat from the horrors of the deep, find clues buried in the sea floor, and unravel the mystery behind the things that lurk in the inky waters outside.
Thalassophobia is being developed by several talented members of Facepunch Studios forums from around the world, with backgrounds in creating custom content for AAA titles and experimental Virtual Reality. We’re currently developing the game using the Unreal engine, but hopefully plan on switching to Source 2 if it comes out sometime this year or early next year, as our team is most familiar with Source.
- Ryan Patron: Project Lead/Asset Modeler/Character modeler. Currently studies Game Art and Animation at #ffffff none repeat scroll 0% 0%;">Cañada College. Previously created custom content for Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead 2, and Garry’s Mod, as well as several game prototypes for school.
- Tyler C. Brown: Sound Design/Level Design. Hip-hop-turned-soundtrack-writer, focusing on musical composition and digital production, with almost a lifetime of instrumental experience and a history and heritage of music. Video game level editor for 4+ years, from custom maps to offering frequent help and mapping services on a variety of platforms.
- Joseph E. Barrow Jr.: Creature Designer / Sculptor.Freelance Workshop artist for 4 years, with published works in both Team Fortress 2 and Dota 2, recognized and flown out by Valve Software on several occasions to discuss work and for business opportunities, as well as being invited to work on the original store release of Dota 2 back in 2012.
- Bernardo Acosta: Asset Modeler/ Environment Modeler. Asset Modeler/ Environment Modeler. At school for IT networking and animation in Milwaukee. Has been creating Team Fortress 2 content for the Steam Workshop for 3 years. Has collaborated with many different artists around the world over the years.
- Dom Ant: Animator. Life-long gamer and more recently 3D artist, working with a variety of people on assorted collaborative projects. Previously worked on the mods TF2 Classic and Heroes of the West.
- Matheus M. Cardoso: Programmer. Currently studying computer engineering. Experience with lab experimentation of Virtual Reality and healthcare gamification