I just wanted to let you all know Enola alpha 0.3 is out. You can read what's new here:
- The most significant addition is the inventory. The inventory can be opened with the "I" key, and it will list all the items the player has picked up. When items are used, they disappear from the inventory.
- Better graphic assets to improve immersion and visual quality of the game. Many stand-in objects have been replaced by actual models (such as people, and furniture). Some textures have been replaced, materials have been tweaked (including a new skin material) and lighting has been changed to provide a more dramatic effect. HUD-style elements remain unchanged.
- The flickering post-process effect is off by default, and triggered in certain scenarios. There's also a new distortion post-process effect.
- Changes to The Chapel level have been made. These changes are mostly gameplay-related.
- The Island has gone through some serious update. It's larger and has a lot more content in it (nearly two times as big). Most of the added content is gameplay or story-related.
- Some optimizations have been made, to "stream" parts of the levels and display only what's currently needed.
- The story has gone through heavy rewrites. Some of those rewrites are also reflected on the levels.
- A new disclaimer has been added to the beginning of the game, it reads: "Some parts of this game may be considered violent or cruel."
- New sound effects have been added.
- A "credits" button is available on the main menu.
- The pause menu now includes a "save" option for those that prefer to save from that menu and not using the "quick save" button.
- An actual loading screen has been added for level changes, replacing the previous pitch-black screen.
Also, we've released a demo version of Enola. The demo version features the island and chapel levels, and it's based on alpha 0.3 (the current one). As you know, Enola is a work in progress, so the demo will be updated every time a new update is released.