Thanks everyone for the feedback regarding the first demo!
Here is a list of changes/fixes that are implemented in demo v2:
1. Font Overhaul
The font has been changed to be more readable . While the old font looked better, deep research and critical feedback and has swayed me into deciding to prioritize accessibility. For a game based on immersion, I want to maintain that immersion, as well as have as many people as possible be able to enjoy the game.
2. Interactive Tutorial
The original tutorial was just a bunch of scrolls that dumped information on the player. I felt this was an incorrect approach , so I corrected this by making an interactive tutorial for battle. This should be much more fluid and intuitive for players to learn while actually performing the actions and seeing the results (It's also skippable).
3. Bug Fixes/Additional Changes
- difficulty system has been redone to avoid errors and provide more flexibility
- the game no longer starts in fullscreen mode
- exit option added to title screen
- save points have been moved/added
- if you fail the first snowball puzzles a certain number of times, the snowballs now melt (this means you have free passage, but lose the potential to earn the associated rewards)
- several other small fixes
With the release of the 2nd (and final) version of the demo, it's onto finishing the cut-scenes, credits and prep for the commercial release on steam (official trailer coming soon)!
Again, thank you to those who gave feedback!
Demo version 2 is now available for download!
GET IT HERE: Adammms.itch.io