Our second update is devoted to smoothing out the campaign. The first area downsized and we dug up all the rock in that area and moved it over to the other areas. So NO rock in area 1 anymore! This change means that the old save games are no longer valid and you will have to start a new campaign.
We did however put something back in the ground to soften the blow: diamonds! You can now find and collect diamonds underground, BUT you will need the mole to do it! So upgrade and use the mole to get those diamonds out of the ground and into your pocket.
We had some trouble with a bug that caused the game to freeze entirely, therefore we didn’t update on Friday as we had hoped. You guys also ran into a bug at the very end of the game (very time consuming to reproduce I might add!) and we tried to fix that as well but of course stuff will still break occasionally. So we didn’t get to do all we wanted, but we did a lot. The next update will probably be of a more visual nature and should happen at the end of next week. We’ll keep you posted in our next ‘In the Pipeline’ post. Now go ahead and read the entire list:
- Diamonds – added as an underground find, starting in Area 2. You can get these shinies out of the ground with a Mole, but you’ll need a Mole upgrade to do so. You can NOT drill through Diamonds. Diamonds are sell-able in the Saloon at variable prices.
- Rock – Rock has been removed from area 1 and starts in area 2 now. The drill upgrade has also been moved back until area 2.
- Scanning – The Scan tutorial has been improved. The functionality has also changed in order to teach players that the Scanner can grow!
- The amount of oil in area 1 has been normalized making sure everyone gets roughly the same start to the game.
- Report – Post game reports have been added at the end of a game and have been upgraded. You can now also click on stats that you want to see. Daily stats have been removed.
- Map – Display on the map which plots had a diamond in them.
- Upgrade – Drill Speed upgrade has been added to the game. There are 3 speeds: 100% (default), upgrade 1: 175% and upgrade 2: 300% of default speed. The Drill speed upgrades can be found in the Factory.
- Icons – New size and speed upgrades for wagons.
- Icons – New icons for Diamonds (in town and in-game) and the Mole (Diamond upgrade).
- Show the amount of diamonds a player has.
- Added new text for Diamonds and the Mole upgrade.
- Added new text for Rock drill upgrade.
- Added a speed upgrade button to the Rig (Can overlap with the Rock upgrade button of a different Rig).
- Fixed bug where the scanner would freeze the game.
- Seeds that should have been identical were not – Fixed.
- Overlapping text UI is now properly layered.
- Not displaying “Land lease ends on *date* anymore when there is no calendar yet.
- Not displaying mouse-overs for invisible UI.