Some of the changes:
- DragonScript: Added VR trigger/menu input commands and interface to simplify typical tasks.
- DragonScript: Added VR hand control desktop behavior for actor hand actions to simplify interacting with desktops.
- DragonScript: Modified WindowGameWorld for more UI layout possibilities (9-Area PanelHud).
- OpenGL: Added support for nonpbr.albedo and nonpbr.metalness texture property to allow directly using textures authored in the Non-PBR Metalness Workflow. This simplifies using files generated by authoring tools using this workflow only as well as porting from other game engines using this workflow.
- OpenXR: Added passthrough support.
- OpenXR: Added face tracker support (eye and lip).
- OpenXR: Added support for eye gaze tracking as individual device.
- OpenAL: Added distance offset parameter which adds a distance offset to sound calculation. This makes distance sounds more realistic and easier to achieve (for example element property "speaker.distanceOffset").
- Project Editor: Changed delga building process to use no-compress property of modules to store such files without compression. This improves loading times and reading speed for file formats which are already compressed.
- Blender Scripts: Added support for auto-smooth in exporting models.
- Blender Scripts: Added support to apply modifiers in exporting models.
- Blender Scripts: Modified model export to support ngons. They are automatically split into quads and optionally a triangle.
See the full changelog here: Changelog Release 1.12.
Recently the iconic Sponza example scene received an overhaul. Dubbed Super-Sponza or Sponza-2022 this scene became now also a demo/test scene for Drag[en]gine. The repository you can find at DESuperSponza Repository. The DELGA file to experience it yourself you can find in the repository release area or directly here: DESuperSponza.delga. You need Drag[en]gine 1.12 for this DELGA to run.
The video below shows the Super Sponza in action. This uses fragment-shader RTX-GI and CPU auralization on a Radeon RX 580. You can also use VR by enabling the option in the main menu (escape key). This is the lowest hardware support version. Future plans are using compute shaders and RTX GPU support for better performance and visual/audio fidelity.